Shall I compare thee to a Summer’s Eve?
You’re a douche bag.
- Don’t assume those you intend to help even wanted your help.
- You are not there to ‘help’ anyone. Help assumes you are in authority and they depend on you.
- You are there to work with people.
- Those people are not charity cases: they are human beings with feelings history and personal identities. Like you. Treat them as such.
- That means stop thinking its so goddamn ’beautiful’ to hold a black child’s hand or ‘inspiring’ when you wear their clothes and practice their customs or ‘amazing’ when you see a person wear western clothes.
- you have to love it unconditionally
- you cannot say that there are things wrong with it
- you have to quantify your love for it
- you cannot live without it
- your entire existence revolves around it
- you have to be in a fandom
if you like something, you like it. if you love something, you love it.
you ain’t gotta prove anything to anyone.
The harassment has led to tumblr not being fun for me anymore. Congrats. You win. My emotional health is compromised. I hope you’re proud.
Ugh, people are such assholes. I’m so sorry this has been happening to you. By all means - take a break if you need to. I’ll miss your posts, but you gotta do what you gotta do to take care of yourself. Just know that there are people out there who appreciate what you have to say.
The answer is “no, not really”. There’s more to it than that, of course, having to do with rights, marketability, whether it ties into a...
So I have a lot of feelings every single time I hear that people are “angry” or “annoyed” or whatever...